Good day to all parents.
My name is Ms Ennie Saruchera and I am the new Social Worker at Delta Park School. I have vast experience in the field of social work, as I previously worked for the Department of Social Development. My responsibilities included but was not limited to statutory work, presenting cases in court, house visits and interventions with children and families on various levels.
My roles and responsibilities at Delta Park School can be summarized as follow:
- Assisting in developing positive behavioural intervention strategies.
- Assisting with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Helping learners develop appropriate social interaction skills.
- Working with parents to facilitate their support in their children’s school adjustment and general adjustment to new situations.
- Alleviating family stress to enable the child to function more effectively in the school and community environment.
- Providing staff with essential information (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health) affecting learner performance and behaviour.
- Providing direct support to staff.
- In-service-training for staff.
- Developing intervention strategies to increase academic success.
- Group, individual and family counselling.
- Referrals to institutions e.g. rehabilitation, Boys Town, Girls Town, etc.
- Home visits.
All referrals to be given to the SBST.
I am organized and always strive for high standards of professionalism and excellence in my field of social work. Parents are welcome to contact me for any assistance or guidance.